Monday 29 July 2013

Too Much Too Soon?

This weekend my dear old Mum came to visit to keep me company. Was so lovely to see her, I just wish I could have been in better health. She accompanied me on Friday for my hospital visit which went well as my skin looked brilliant and they were happy with my improvement. They'd like me to undergo some more patch testing in a few weeks time as apparently I was only given a standard test before. I didn't have the heart to tell them that during TSW patch testing isn't always conclusive but hey ho.

I definitely overdid it though... considering over the past week I've not left the house and only days ago was pretty much unable to get out of the bath. Not to mention the lack of sleep and the like. We went to the hospital, followed by a food shop and my skin definitely hated me for it. I had to run straight into the shower when we got back home to give back a bit of lost moisture. We went out again later for some food and I think the abundance of sun exposure was my downfall. That evening my face got very itchy and oozed profusely in the night. I did however get a decent sleep though believe it or not! First full night in about 3 or 4 weeks!

The next morning my face was blotchy but not as bad as it had been. I stupidly decided we should go to Meadowhall for a shopping trip as I figured being indoors it would be alright. I forgot to bare in mind that it takes 1 and a half hours each way and being a Saturday it would be busy. Whoops. We left the house at 8:50am and got back in at around 6:40pm. A mega day out and definitely over-ambitious. I kept falling asleep on the train and struggled to stay awake during the film we decided to watch when we got back.

I did however have a brilliant night's sleep that night and in fact spent most of yesterday falling asleep too, sleeping for hours at a time. I guess my body definitely needed it!

Tonight I'm back at work and next week is the mighty Bloodstock Open Air festival. Let's just hope that sleep is a healer and I can build up my tolerance for going out.

& Don't forget to enter my giveaway Silentnight hypoallergenic duvet and pillow set

1 comment :

  1. Happy to hear you got some much needed sleep! Hopefully you can turn a corner soon and get some much needed reprieve!

    ReplyDelete